Monday, January 3, 2011

Unit three assignment

Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?

A: 7
B: 4-9
C: 2-8

Rating (B and C) is hard, which to me means the low scored are deserved, because I allow so much fluctuation.  I no doubt have valid reasons to be upset, but I would ideally like to see that I handle things better, or more consistently. 

Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).

A: Exercise, three times a week minimum. 
B: Pray more, ask for the help I need.
C: Control my thoughts, stay positive and hopeful.

What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

For the exercise, I have looked up local activities and found swimming and running groups I can attend.  We just bought an eliptical machine and home gym, so I need to use them :)... For the praying, it is all within myself, I need to build on my relationship with God.  For the controlling my thoughts, this is also internal, but there are some other tools I can use, possibly seek counseling.  The tools I learn in this class and all the others are very helpful, and making more of an effort to use them would help me tremendously.

Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.

The link to the exercise is broken, but as I discussed in the previous blog, I have done other relaxation exercises in the past. 

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Before I read your unit 3 post I reviewed your first few postings. I was so impressed. I am 37 and would love to accomplish what you have. One of the things I keep holding on to so far in this course is caring for and loving yourself is needed to begin working on healing. We reviewed in the readings, intention; much of our time is wasted on random thoughts. Think positive. I hope you give yourself some pops, you deserve it!!

    Defiantly ask for help! I find, I am always doing for everybody else and never ask for help when I am treading water. I need to work on that too.

    Just an extra thought: I write things down; if I put it on paper I can forget it for a while and come back to it later.


    Jenny

    ReplyDelete