Monday, January 31, 2011

week 7

I don’t know about this Meeting Asciepius exercise, I really enjoy the loving kindness and the subtle mind practice, they feel very beneficial and realistic.  I felt the Asciepius was too Sci Fi for me.  The beaming light from the throat, dissolving the other person and becoming them, I just didn’t vibe with this one.  I completely respect and appreciate the idea of looking to a wise person and learning from others.  I think this could be a great meditative exercise in some ways, but for me, I just felt weird and couldn’t help but to giggle at it all.  I do like the visualization part, having a thought to focus on and not trying to blank my mind is nice and really calming because I am not stressing about trying something so hard. 

I have to brag a little, but these practices have really helped me overcome my recent struggle with anxiety.  I have stopped taking my meds! I feel better than I have in a while, mentally.  I feel like I have found some of the strength of my mind. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the saying one cannot lead where one had not gone.  I really think this is true when talking about wellness.  If you are not striving to be well, you can not effectively help others to be well.  You can’t give the kind of wisdom and knowledge they need without having some personal level of understanding and experience for yourself.    

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that my first person that came to mind when they said a healer was an old man and I started to feel weird as well. Like something was not right so I changed the normal man to Jesus. Oh it was so much better trying to visualize him. The beams of light being transferred to me I thought was the Holy Spirit. It made it so much easier to digest. I think that is why I felt uncomfortable in the first place is because I thought I was offending Jesus. Switching it made it so much easier to feel the love and kindness in my heart.

    ReplyDelete