Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Loving Kindness

This was a very positive experience for me.  It was hard for me as well.  I really really loved feeling the feelings of love and tenderness for my Husband, but I had a hard time sharing those with myself.  I don’t know why.  I also really loved sharing those feelings with my soul and spirit, this was not as hard.  The part of sharing those feelings with others was the easiest and the most powerful.  I imagined my Husbands suffering, and felt very happy after giving him health, happiness and wholeness.  I felt very proud and hopeful after giving the field of people health, happiness and wholeness.  I honestly feel a significant difference now from before the exercise.  I feel strong feelings of love and appreciate of the people in this world. 

I would strongly recommend this to others.  In fact I plan to share it.  I think that everyone is capable and has the desire to love and appreciate the people around them.  This feels like it will be truly helpful to my mind and body. 

A mental workout is similar to a physical work out.  It is hard to get started and stick with, so determination, perseverance, and diligence are needed.  It is a daily practice that required commitment if we want to see the benefits.  The research shows it benefits, and is worth the effort.  The benefits are improved health and mental wellbeing.  I can implement a mental workout by starting small, but doing it everyday.  Taking 5, 10 or 15 minutes each day to do the exercises.  This will grow, and continue to help improve.

I found that other students really didn’t like breathing in the problems/pain of others.  I can completely understand this.  I think I didn’t feel the same because of the mental approach I may have taken, I didn’t as much visualize placing that pain/illness inside myself as I just imagined taking it away and feeling the power and ability to do so.   

No comments:

Post a Comment