Monday, February 21, 2011

Final Post

These were my ratings in Unit 3:

Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?

A: 7
B: 4-9
C: 2-8

Rating (B and C) is hard, which to me means the low scored are deserved, because I allow so much fluctuation.  I no doubt have valid reasons to be upset, but I would ideally like to see that I handle things better, or more consistently.

Here are my ratings today:

A: 8
B: 4-9
C: 5-8

Yes my scores changed J Physically, I have been exercising more and I am getting in better shape, I can see the muscles tone in my arms again, and I can run a lot longer now.  I still have some progress to make, I would like to see my muscle tone in my legs more J, then maybe I will give myself a 9.  When I look like Jillian Michaels I will be a 10! Haha!  Spiritually, they have not changed, I am in the same place, I have better days than others when I am more spiritually aware, but I have days I am not.  Psychologically, I think this is where I have improved the most.  I have really been better within my mind, I have found my mental strength.  I do still have rough days, but I am learning what makes it a rough day.  When I don’t sleep well, I have anxiety and am much more mentally weak. 

Here is my week three goals and activities:

Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).

A: Exercise, three times a week minimum. 
B: Pray more, ask for the help I need.
C: Control my thoughts, stay positive and hopeful.

What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

For the exercise, I have looked up local activities and found swimming and running groups I can attend.  We just bought an elliptical machine and home gym, so I need to use them :)... For the praying, it is all within myself, I need to build on my relationship with God.  For the controlling my thoughts, this is also internal, but there are some other tools I can use, possibly seek counseling.  The tools I learn in this class and all the others are very helpful, and making more of an effort to use them would help me tremendously.

I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I do exercise a lot more, mostly three times a week, but some weeks only once or twice.  I still have work to do, but I am doing wayyyy better.  I have not started praying more, but I will keep working towards it.  I have really learned how to gain control of my thoughts and have been staying positive and hopeful!

This has been one of the most influential classes I have taken in my degree program, I am kinda glad it was the last class I had to take.  I learned so much and I will be carrying it over to assist others for sure!  Making the kind of changes I want to has been hard, but I have made some change, and I am proud of what I have accomplished, and motivated to keep moving towards my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment